Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Walk confidently in the direction of your dreams...

I have a job interview tomorrow. I don't feel nervous, and I haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing yet, but either way it just is... The job isn't anything special. It's a part time position making a substantial amount less than what I make now as a lifeguard. That is the biggest con of it. But the pros are that I'll get more work during the off season from the pool, I'll have a more consistent income, and most important I'll get to become familiar with the location more, and even more important, they'll get to become familiar with me.

I have a good head on my shoulders. I'm intelligent, work well with the public, and am able to think on my feet. I multitask amazingly and I can work with or without supervision. This isn't just my resume, it's the truth. I feel I embody a number of things that an interviewer desires in a candidate.

I hope that tomorrow I'm able to really shine and show these people my potential. Because even if this job is awesome, the ultimate goal is full time work. And this position, like the one I'm in now, will act as a stepping stone to what I believe will be a rewarding and fulfilling career path.

So now I've got my slacks and dress shirt hung, and my heels set below. The interview isn't till the afternoon so I'll be able to distract myself at work until then. But I will walk into that interview confident and ready to show them that I will be an asset. Because stepping stone or not, this place would be my dream to work at, and you gotta start somewhere to get noticed.

1 comment:

  1. Interview?! I didn't know about an interview?! :) I'm sure you rocked it my melis!!

    ReplyDelete